Featured Post

Planning a Trip to Japan

You could go the easy route and pay a travel agent to plan your trip but that'll cost you a lot of money, money that you may not even ha...

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Doki Doki Crate Review

Some of you mat already know this but Doki Doki Crate is a monthly subscription box full of goodies that represent Japanese kawaii (cute) culture. This box is from Japan Crate, a monthly subscription box full of Japanese snacks. I've already done a review of the Japan Crate that you can check out here. If you've read my review you'd remember I wasn't too happy with Japan Crate as their selection of snacks was not up to par and because of that I didn't find it worth the subscription since you'd just keep on getting too any snacks you'd be disappointed in. With Doki Doki Crate I have the opposite opinion. But I will tell you all of the good, the bad, and the kawaii. Let's get started!

I'm specifically reviewing the April Doki Doki Crate that was themed as arcade. Arcades in Japan are pretty awesome. The crate was inspired by the UFO catcher/crane games. The prizes you can find in these games are plushies, figures, toys, and snacks.



The Good and Kawaii

Everything was so adorable! I was instantly pleased when I opened the box. Not only were the items cute but many had a purpose to them, and I liked that about it. One of my favorite items was a hand pouch that you can carry small things in. My pouch was a hamster, and I love hamsters so I was super happy about getting that one. I will definitely use it. Another set of items I was pleased with were phone charms. I had two phone charms in my box. I don't know about other people, but I love phone charms, and use them in many ways. My Neko Atsume phone charm will go on my Nintendo 3DS and my Hoppe-chan charm will go on my phone. They're so cute. There were other items in the crate that I liked but the ones mentioned already are my favorites, so I'll leave it at that.

The Bad

What I did not like about the box was the Re-Ment item that I got. It's called Loom the Loop. It's basically rubber pieces to make jewelry out of. I found this item to be very childish. I would not wear any jewelry that looked like that. It reminds me of stuff I played with growing up in the 90's and I would like to leave it there in the 90's. That was truly my only bust in the whole box. Another item that I could've done without were the postcards of Hoppe-chan, but only because I don't really use postcards. But even those were still cute. 

Overall

So this box has already gotten a bad rep from the general public. Apparently, some items that are in the Doki Doki Crate have been reported as fakes by purchasers. I don't know how true this is, but if you are a serious collector of toys and plushies then I'd recommend caution with the Doki Doki Crate. If you are like me and just want cute, Japanese things for the fun of it then this is the crate for you. If I had the money and space in my house, I'd totally get this crate every month. It's a fun and exciting box to open up.

I hope this helped some of you who were on the fence about this subscription box. I'm glad I took the drive. It was fun and I got some pretty cool things. I'll be doing another review sometime later this week on the TokyoTreat subscription box so please subscribe here on Google+ for updates or follow me on social media! Links below!


        #japantherapy

Thanks for reading!