Featured Post

Planning a Trip to Japan

You could go the easy route and pay a travel agent to plan your trip but that'll cost you a lot of money, money that you may not even ha...

Sunday, September 13, 2015

My Study Abroad Experience- Part 4

My Japan Study Abroad Experience
Part 4: Field Trips

Program:
UNO-Japan: Study at Doshisha University
Studying in Kyoto, Japan
To Learn more go to inst.uno.edu/Japan or contact them at UNOJapan@uno.edu or (504)280-6388.


One of the most exciting things about going to Japan is traveling. Japan has many sights to offer with the intermingling of modern and rural areas. There will never be a time where you have nothing to see.

Studying abroad is an easy way to travel through Japan securely. Some people are naturally adventurous while others may not. And both kinds of people are fine. When I studied abroad and went to Japan for the first time I was scared to venture out and explore on my own. I was glad that the program I went on gave the opportunity to see other places in Japan.
At a game center with friends.
The program was stationed in Kyoto, Japan. We had school Monday through Friday but only from 8 a.m. to 2 p. m. After class, everyone would go explore the city of Kyoto. At first I only went to the shopping district, but I eventually explored out in the further corners of Kyoto.
Group picture from Kyoto field trip.

Three weekends were dedicated to field trips. The first was a mandatory field trip in Kyoto. The Kyoto field trip was what the program director thought all the students should see while in Japan. It included landmarks such as Nijo Castle and the Kiyomizu Temple. The other two field trips were to Osaka and Nara. These field trips were optional for the program. I wanted to see as much of Japan as possible, but I didn't want to do it alone. These field trips let me accomplish this. I got to see Osaka Castle, eat Okonomiyaki, and pet deer in Nara.
Deer in Nara, Japan.
There was one free weekend on the program. This was open to other travel plans or exploring more of Kyoto. I stayed in Kyoto due to the lack of funds, but there were quite a few students who went to Kobe, Tokyo, and other cities in Japan. I would've joined if I had the money but I was happy to stay and enjoy my last week in Kyoto with my new found friends.
At Monkey Mountain in Arashiyama district of Kyoto.
Thanks for reading my blog!

Continue to Part 5: http://japantherapyneworleans.blogspot.com/2015/10/my-study-abroad-experience-part-5.html

For more Study Abroad Experience:
Part 1: http://japantherapyneworleans.blogspot.com/2015/08/my-japan-study-abroad-experience-part-1.html

Part 2: http://japantherapyneworleans.blogspot.com/2015/08/my-study-abroad-experience-part-2.html

Part 3: http://japantherapyneworleans.blogspot.com/2015/08/my-japan-study-abroad-experience-part-3.html


Social Media
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/japantherapynola

Instagram: https://instagram.com/japantherapy

Google+: google.com/+JenniferTorresjapantherapy