Featured Post

Planning a Trip to Japan

You could go the easy route and pay a travel agent to plan your trip but that'll cost you a lot of money, money that you may not even ha...

Saturday, December 31, 2016

What's to Come in 2017

Let me start off by saying I am continuing my blog. I have a lot of fun writing about Japan because it involves the two things I love, writing and Japan. In my very first blog I mention all the reasons why I started, and some of those reasons no longer apply. I feel much better about my life situation. I'm not as anxious as before about going to Japan because I'm involved in a local Japan Society that gives me my fair share of Japan (there are many Japan Societies in America. Look to see if your city has one and get involved). But it's still nice to go back on my occasional trips to see the country I admire. And I won't really need the writing practice anymore because of my news I want to share with y'all in this blog. I'm still going to work on this blog because I still love sharing my love and experiences of Japan with others so they can learn more about Japan. When I got out of college I had a moment where I wanted to teach English Literature, but that wasn't what I really wanted for myself. I want to teach about Japan and write my own stories.

So now I can tell you what's to come in 2017. I'm going to start writing a book. I've actually written a series before in notebooks for fun and even started a book but I feel like now is the time I want to put a lot of effort into my ideas. I have an idea for a story that I came up with while writing for my blog this year. It will be about Japan and where I'm from. I know the popular thing right now are series books but I'm not sure if this is series worthy. I could format it into a trilogy which I'm leaning towards. Another thing I'm not sure about is finishing it in a year. I find that to be impossible with all the things I'm involved in, but I'll give it a try.

I want this book to be an eye opener to people. I see it all the time on the Internet, how people want to move to a different country because there's something about their own country they don't like. Hell, I used to be like that. But you know, every country has their ups and downs. I want to show that through my characters in my story. If I plan the book out right (into a trilogy) there will be two female protagonists. The story will have a supernatural element that will move the story forward. But other than that you'll be seeing a lot of Japan in my story. Hopefully I can pull it off successfully. It would be a lot easier if I could just stay in that one setting for a while as I write but that's not possible. I'll be using a lot of my memory and google maps to accomplish this story. It will be challenging but I really want to do this! And I'm not even going to think about how to publish this story until I've got it completed.

If your interested in this news and want to see my progression follow me on my social media. I barely get personal on my blog, as I mostly use my blog to teach people about Japan, so please follow me on Instagram or Facebook (click the hyperlinks). I'll be giving y'all updates on how far I've gotten and how I'm feeling about the story. I might even give a sneak peak of a scene in my story to see how y'all respond to it.

Thank you to everyone who has read my blog, whether it was only once or all 72 of my posts. I greatly appreciate my readers and the wonderful people I've made friends with on my social media through my blog. Thank you for your support and I hope to have you continue supporting me in 2017.